For weeks now, Jerrid has been looking and looking for his ipod. Every now and then, Jerrid would get super tired of not having it at work, and he would run around the house complaining, and making everyone search for it. The thing just totally disappeared, Jerrid would say over and over, "It's gone, I am never going to find it." He even contemplated, seriously contemplated, buying a new one. Even worse then that, he tried to use mine! That was a big NO-NO! I know when you get married you say, "All my worldly goods I thee , blah, blah, blah.." Well, I personally think it should have been, "All my worldly goods, with the BIG exception of my ipod! That's MINE! Hands off, don't touch it! Jerrid, this means you!" I understand that keeping vows are important, but is it really fair for me to have to keep a vow to share an ipod, when at the time I made the vow, I didn't know that ipods were going to be invented?I am not a selfish wife, but ipods belonging to Jerrid, have been known to be ran over by fork-trucks. I don't want my pretty, pink ipod, with all the songs, I very carefully downloaded onto it, and even season 1 of The Office, to meet with such a fate! I mean, that would be like losing a pet or friend! No, I can't even imagine how horrible it would be! I know it is terrible, I must keep my vows, but would I let him run over my cat with a fork-truck? No, of course not!
And let me tell you, it was getting scary there for awhile. There was even a point when Jerrid picked up my ipod and started listening to it!!! I was like, "What are you doing????" He said, I was just trying to remember how that song "Learning to Breathe" by Switchfoot went. So I did some quick thinking, "Oh, yeah, that's a good song, How does it go again? Here let me listen for a second." Then I took the ipod back, safe in my hands, and ran away and hid it from him. It was so tense there for a second, just like a hostage situation being resolved peacefully and safely, with no harm coming to anyone's pink ipods.
Well, tonight was another night of searching. Jerrid didn't want to head back to work silent once again. I told Diane to get up and help her Dad find his ipod. That was right about the time that Calvin said, "Daddy's ipod? Oh, I hid that." I was like, "What?" Seriously, I didn't think he really did. But then he said, "Yes, I did, I hid Daddy's ipod." He said it so seriously and matter of factly. So, I said, "Well, if you did, then where is it?" Then he said, "I hid it right here." Then he walked over to the printer, and picked up a small recipe box, that has been sitting there all along, opened it up, and there was the ipod. I couldn't believe that he had it there the whole time! He knew all along!
I gave the ipod back to Jerrid, who was so excited and thankful to have it back. Still, I don't really think that he handled it just right with Calvin. He was so grateful that was like, "Thanks, bud, thanks!!" That's when Andrew said, "Don't thank him! He'll just do it all over again!"
Now, I realize that it was sitting there, in a box, in plain sight, nearby where it was last seen. It should have been very easy to find, any of the many times that a big search was had. But you have to understand that while Jerrid and Andrew would look, I was usually unable to help, being very busy getting my own ipod and carefully hiding it, and making sure they didn't find it. Protecting my ipod, made it very hard to help look. And as far as Jerrid and Andrew looking in the box, well, their male. Should I ever really expect them to find something? The only male in this house that finds things, is the 3 year-old, who hid it in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment