Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Calvin's Redecorating

I recently had to rearrange my living room. I have this wooden doll furniture with stuffed dolls and teddy bears. There is nothing more appealing to a child then doll furniture that is not meant for them to play with, let me tell ya!


So I had made this arrangement including a little wooden bench that had a fabric pillow set on it, a wooden, old-style school desk (you know like the old one-room doll school-houses of yore.) the desk has a rag doll setting on the seat and a little basket on the desk, next to it is a wooden high chair with a big, ugly doll (the doll didn't used to be ugly, but it is now that it's wig is coming off and it is nearly bald from Calvin carrying around the house by the hair. I would just throw it away but Calvin, much to Jerrid's dismay, loves the doll. He has also changed it's clothes by the way. It used to wear a long, flowing, white gown and lacy white bonnet. It now wears a striped, Carter's outfit that used to be Calvin's.), finally on the other side of the high chair there is a wooden wagon filled with stuffed dolls of different sorts- including a stuffed scarecrow.


Before I go on here is a picture of Calvin, taking a nap with his doll which I described above. It was taken quit awhile ago, but you will get the point, by the way, the doll isn't so well kept anymore. It is one of Jerrid's favorite pictures because not only is Calvin cuddling his dolly, but he is also sleeping on a pink, Minnie Mouse pillow, lol;






So, earlier today, Calvin was supposed to be eating a little snack at his table but I found him instead eating among all the stuffed dolls in the doll furniture. He had taken my little wooden bench, throw the fabric pillow aside on the floor, then placed the wooden bench in front of the desk and put his dolly on it. Then he sat in the wooden high chair that had been for his dolly. And finally, since he had to have somewhere to put his lunch, and that darn basket was in the way, he took the little basket off the desk and stuffed the scarecrow's face in it. I couldn't resist, I had to take a picture so you can see the scarecrow, improved with Calvin's decorating skills....





And since I have shared with you what Calvin's dolly looked like before he played with it is so much, loosened the wig, and changed his clothes...here is a picture of what his dolly is looking like nowadays...




Well, I have to go and get all this doll furniture back the way it was, while Calvin is taking his nap and can't stop me. Although, why I am doing it I don't really know, since he will only just rearrange it to his liking again later.

No comments: