Calvin and I were filling out his prayer list in his new Quiet Time. Each year, you get new Quiet Times, and the front of them has pages for listing prayer requests. I have really liked it with Calvin because it has taught him that he can personally pray for people that he cares about. He prays for everything, too, people, dogs, cats, toys, milk, juice, and even dinosaurs. (I didn't have the heart to tell him he maybe just a little late on that request.) So, I told Calvin "Tell me people that you want to pray for and I will write their name down. Like you could pray for Daddy.." Then I wrote "Daddy" on his prayer list. His list now looks like this..
Daddy, Grandma, Pixie (Mom and Dad's dog), Grandpa, Aunt Mary, Patches (Our Cat), Grandma Jobe, Grandpa Jobe, Sissy (Diane), Nonny (Andrew), Mommy, Aunt Bekah, Uncle Mike, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Tom, Aunt Hollie, Uncle Johnny, Xander, Ashton, Aiden, Tabitha (Bekah's Baby- who is still in her tummy), Joe (Bekah, Mike, and Calvin's kitty), Rascal (Bekah and Mike's other cat), London, Jack (our Dogs), Uncle Kenny, Aunt Melinda, Kourtney, Aunt Mindy, Rachel, Jenny, (Right about here Calvin stopped and said, "I have to pray for my friends.") Taryn, Taryn's baby, (This is about where he stopped and said, "That's not all of them, I have LOTS of friends"), Kylie, Edwin, Allanna, Hollonna, Taydon, Keeliegh, (What cracks me up here, is that he just went from naming his friends that were kids to his friends that are grown-ups, like Calvin, he sees no difference in age where his friends are concerned.)Shea, Penny, Mike, Matt, Tabitha, Logan, (This is where Calvin said, "Logan is my friend!". Calvin thinks Logan is super cool, and I think that he thinks it makes him extra cool that Logan is his friend.) Cody, Ty, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Frank, (I loved how he told me to add this name, he goes, "Make sure you put Aunt Bobbie on there!") Aunt Bobbie, Uncle Terry, Grandma Bobo, Lindsay, Trista, and Cortney.
Now the majority of these prayer requests he came up with totally on his own, remembering most of the people all by himself. Every now and then he would stop and say, "I am forgetting someone.." Then he would think about it for a minute and then start naming names again. It was a very, serious and important job to him. Which I think is good.
The only concern I have when I look back at his requests, and the thing that made it a little hard for me not to giggle while we prayed after making the list...and remember that "Daddy" was a freebie, I gave him that name and wrote it down...So that means, not only that Pixie- Mom and Dad's dog- was the 2nd most important prayer concern to him, but look at where I, his own mother, ranked! Not only did I come after Pixie, the one-eyed dog, but also after Patches, our Cat! I can live with coming after the Grandparents, brother, sister, but it is a little hard to come after the dog and cat!
1 comment:
What a great story.
Post a Comment