Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spiderman

Today Diane brought Andrew a Spiderman action figure that Mary had bought for him. Andrew excitedly rips open the bag and pulls it out, then Calvin sees it and starts singing "Spiderman-man, Spiderman-man" and dancing in a circle and clapping.
So my question is WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH SPIDERMAN? All males love him. It doesn't matter if they are 1 or 100, all males LOVE Spiderman. I know that Xander loved him, my dad has seen Spiderman 3 two or three times already. He went and saw it Saturday, and then tried to talk Mom into letting him go see it again on Sunday. Jerrid doesn't really care about superheros, but he likes Spiderman. I remember when we were little John had some Spiderman toys. Bekah says that it is wired into their genetic makeup. I think that it's this; Spiderman makes every man think there is a chance that THEY could be a super hero. See, Superman, he's an alien, no chance there. Batman, is just a man, but he is a millionare man, now the only men that could be Batman would be rich ones, like Michael Jordan or Donald Trump. But Peter Parker was just this ordinary fellow who got bit by a spider. Now look in the corners of any old barn, and many houses, there are spiders everywhere! Somewhere in the back of their minds men are hoping that one of those will happen to be radio active and that the spider will bite them. I do not base this only on my own rambling thoughts, I base it on hard evidence. You see, Andrew used to go find spiders and then I would find him with his hand in front them saying things like, "Please, Bite Me, Please!"
Anyway, Andrew and Calvin have already had a fight over this Spiderman Action Figure, and I got told that the bathroom is no longer useable by girls because Andrews needs to hang his Spiderman's web on the mirrors. I wonder if I should just tell them both that it is really just a doll like Barbie and Cabbage Patch.

No comments: